Thursday, August 21, 2008

Cucumber Cookies

So yesterday I harvested 27 lemon cucumbers. TWENTY SEVEN. That's quite a bumload of cucumber, you may be thinking, and I would agree. What to do?!

I called a neighbor to see if she wanted some and she came right over. I was glad about that, because seriously, you can only eat cucumber salad so many times in a row...47. But I digress. Anyway, when she showed up, I was pleasantly surprised to be presented with a baggie of homemade oatmeal/raisin/chocolate chip cookies!

For a brief second there, I had a glimpse of what real community is supposed to be like. Sharing what we have with those around us...whether its food, expertise, or a helping hand.

The cookies were yums!

3 comments:

Dorothy Marner said...

I thought you were actually going to post a recipe for cucumber cookies. i was envisioning something like a sugar cookie perhaps with a little lemon zest to give the cucumber a fresh lift!

By the way, thats too many cucumbers. What in the world would have induced you to plant so many :-)

podso said...

I thought I was going to have a new recipe: cucumber cookies!

Jesse said...

Thanks for sharing some of your precious lemon cukes with us, too! I thought I had a lemon cucumber plant, but then, all of a sudden it grew an eggplant. Ha, ha.