Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Dr. B., Rescue Me!

Moving house when you are a habitual renter means the dreaded clean up and final inspection. This weekend, I sent hubby off to the BX (or military wal-mart) for all of those potent cleaning chemicals that I never use somewhere I actually live. But it's gotta be inspection ready, and the acrid and sickly sweet scents of synthetic cleansers, degreasers, and sudsing agents--not vinegar and tea tree oil--are the smell of clean to most leasing agents.

Anyway, all of the magic all-purpose cleaners and super scrubbing powders scored us a surprisingly low move-0ut assessment, but they also added at least five years to my poor chaffed and burning hands! I can't wait to get back to my gentle down-to-earth Dr. Bronner's soap and homemade multi-purpose spray.

No comments: